The Jame Mosque or the Congregational Mosque is one of the oldest monuments of the Islamic era in Yazd. An imposing entrance (the tallest of all mosques in Iran) topped by two minarets that dominate the old city.
Much of the history of The Mosque dates back to Mongolian times in the 14th century. The monument has been restored several times. The last works were carried out between 1954 and 1986. The reputation of the mosque is due to its Persian blue tiles, its mosaics with various floral and geometric patterns, or its fine ornamentation in brick and terracotta.
The water is channeled through a qanat, accessed by a staircase to perform ablution before prayer.