Shazdeh (prince) garden is located on the ring road of Mahan, 35 km southeast of Kerman. It was built during the Qajar period, in 1870. It is one of the nine Persian gardens registered as world heritage by UNESCO.
The garden is located at the foothills of the mountains and enjoys a constant stream of water. The pavilion at the high end of the garden is its architectural heart. The water descends on a natural slope in the eight basins arranged in a staircase structure
In addition to the animation of the water jets, the stream irrigates the trees and flowers to make the garden appear like a hanging garden.
At the entrance, a pretty building delimits the palatial enclosure of the garden of arid nature that surrounds it.